Forensic Voice Comparison Laboratory
School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications
University of New South Wales
- Forensic voice comparison
- Disputed utterance
- Evaluation and interpretation of forensic evidence
- We work within the new paradigm for the evaluation of forensic evidence:
- Evaluation of evidence using the likelihood-ratio framework (the same framework as is standard for the evaluation of DNA evidence).
- Calculation of strength-of-evidence estimates based on quantitative measurements, databases representative of the relevant population, and statistical models.
- Empirical testing of validity and reliability under conditions reflection those of the case at trial.